The Infection prevention control for COVID-19 credential covers the skills and knowledge that assist you in understanding and implementing practices that assist in the prevention and control practices that contribute to the reduction of infection and transmission of COVID 19 between healthcare workers, patients and others associated with the healthcare industry.
The Infection prevention control for COVID-19 comprises of 1 micro-credential stacked course of learning, followed by a completion of assessment tasks at the end of each skill level, to test the learner’s knowledge and understanding.
Course Series: 1 of 1
Course Award: Micro-Credential
Course Duration: 5 Hours Course
It comprises 10 lessons of learning, followed by a completion quiz to test your knowledge and understanding. By the end of this course, you will demonstrate understanding in:
- Practices to follow and implement in ensuring hand hygiene
- The role and importance of personal protective equipment
- Development and implementation of workplace procedures that promote safe work practices to prevent and control
- Implementing additional precautions to prevent transmission of infection
- Identifying and understanding infection hazards associated with own role and work environment
- Your areas of responsibility regarding infection prevention and control
- Policies and practices to be adhered to in regard to reporting activities and tasks during COVID 19
- Developing and implementing procedures in the workplace to assist in managing risks.
- Safe work practices in minimising contamination of materials and equipment
- Implementing practices to confine records and materials to a well-designated clean zone
Infection prevention control for COVID-19
Hand hygiene practice
Personal protective equipment